• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing clutch Master & slave

Marcelo73

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the one I have in a 1998 manual. I'm searching in RockAuto and have several options from RhinoPac, Brute Force, Dorman and Omix Ada. The prices are $86,$141,$147 and $214.

By the pictures and code numbers all are equivalent but there are 2 1/2 times of difference in the price between the cheaper and the most expensive. I'm missing something, the quality of RhinoPac is garbage, Omix is overvaluated, all of them?

I would look into getting one local and with the best warranty and price. That way WHEN it goes out again you can quickly exchange it for another. I put 2-3 on my wrangler over the years and they all came from different suppliers, I'd venture to say they could have been manufactured by the same company and branded.

I would look into getting one local and with the best warranty and price. That way WHEN it goes out again you can quickly exchange it for another. I put 2-3 on my wrangler over the years and they all came from different suppliers, I'd venture to say they could have been manufactured by the same company and branded.
This
just like there only 3 battery manufactures in the U.S., but they put there sears, walmart, napa, carquest, lables on them.

The only supplier I can speak from experience is Dorman. Never used their clutch products, but other stuff made by them seems to be quality. If I wanted to go with the high $ part, that is the one I would pick.

Are there any reviews on the rhino-pac?

Hopefully someone with real world experience can chime in.

our shop buys Dorman products everyday, good product & sometimes the only one's that make them unless you want to go to the dealer.

Thanks for the answers. I guess I will try a change to RhinoPac and keep my current as spare (was fixed but I don't know how long it will last).

Back