• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECGS vs Lokar brake cables/kit?

OnorOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
I did a 9" swap recently, and I am about to install 8.8 discs. I took my stock parking brake cables out because they didn't fit AND they seemed too short. With any flex in the rear it was as if they were going to snap. That said, I have searched and found two answers:

a) Lokar brake cable kit ($$$)
b) ECGS adapter parking brake kit ($)

Does anyone have a definitive answer on these? Seems like that Lokar kit cables are longer but I don't know if they will work with the 8.8 discs. The ECGS adapter cables will work with 8.8 discs but I don't know how long they are and it doesn't say on the site.

Thanks in advance.

What year XJ? 96- and 97+ use different e-brake cable setups, and the MJ uses another design entirely.

I believe the ones ECGS sells is the cables from Crown. That being said, I have the Crown cables and it was by far the easiest and best part of the 8.8 swap in my DD. Everything fit perfect and it worked excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to get another set next time I do discs on the rear of a XJ.

I used a lokar kit when the Currie went in. Very easy to install. Kit comes with the cables very long and they are to be cut to fit.

Got them from Speedway as they were the least expensive.

Back