• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cop spot

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody have one of those unity spotlights like the police have on the jeep? i got one, the lens needs replacing but can it mount with the stock parts from a crown vic? i have read some places say you do, some dont. just confused on the whole bit.

If its the type that mount thru the A post. The brackets that the shaft go thru are make/ model specific to match the angle of the A post .
Not saying you can't use them. But the light/handle might point some weird angle or the handle my interfere with steering.

Didn't some of the Forest Service XJs come with them? I know there were some Cherokees made for police use that came with them as well. You might be able to find XJ specific hardware for them if the Crown Vic parts won't work.

Didn't some of the Forest Service XJs come with them? I know there were some Cherokees made for police use that came with them as well. You might be able to find XJ specific hardware for them if the Crown Vic parts won't work.

yeah you can get parts meant exactly for the xj from them, but they aint too cheap, at all. i just wanted to see if it was actually any different. i just want to have it right the first time.

If the angles left/right and back are near the same from the donor vehicle to the XJ it could be close. But the only "right the first time" is the right parts the first time.

i put a crown vic one on my ranger back in the day, i think it was pretty easy. worse case senario, there's a piece that screws to the a pillar which the rod for the light goes through. just massage that with a flap wheel on a angle grinder until it conforms a little closer to the xj a pillar. seal it, screw it on, and you're good.

Back