• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline question

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
Over the weekend I did this.

aaa1.jpg

The driveline was stock. But it did take a direct blow from a rock. Are there materials that I could have a driveline made out of that could handle that? Also does anyone make a dana 60 pinion guard?

SWEET!!! :yelclap: HA! Not really... I'm sure you could make it out of whatever you wanted to as long as it will balance and don't mind the added lbs. DOM maybe? No one offers a pinion guard for a D60. You would have to custom fab one if you wanted one. IIRC

for low speed offroad use only i have seen guys use square tube. yea it is crude but it works. with square tube you can have one heck of a slip yoke. and yes it will clang.

The 4 spline they are talking about is implement driveshaft material. You can get the yokes (and slip yokes) and everything right off the shelf at most any farm implement store, little welding needed.

You say it was "Stock". What does that mean on a modified vehicle?
Was it a stock Rear shaft, or a Stock Front shaft?

If a Rear, it's just tubing. Choose a thicker tube, or I have also seen them sleeved.

If a Front shaft being used in the rear, did it break at the splines, or someplace else. Maybe a driveshaft from a larger vehicle?

If you are not running a SYE and a double cardan shaft, perhaps that wouldn't be a bad idea to get one and rotate that pinion up abit so you have more clearance on the drive shaft.

Just build a DOM replacement.

Back