• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 problem

2001BlackonBlack

NAXJA Forum User
So here I am driving on the freeway after picking up a few things at homedepot. The jeep ran fine the 25 miles to home depot, and then as soon as I got back on the interstate smoke started to come out of the hood. I got off to take a look the smoke is coming from the passenger Side of the radiator area. There are two medal hoses that go up there could one of them be bad. While all this is going on in park the engine sounds great revving it and at idle. As soonasi put it into drive and start to accelerate a knocking sound happens and the smoke returns. Please help me identify this what I hope to be an easy fix.

We can't help you much with this. You should NOT drive this vehicle until it is resolved!

The smoke is most likely coolant. Check your coolant reservoir. Do a close inspection. It is impossible for us to speculate on your problem.

Know that an overheat is extremely hard on the cylinder head on a factory 2001. They like to crack on an overheat. Get this towed or fixed before driving.

Back