• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag Clockspring

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
None of the stores I frequent carries clocksprings anymore (Autozone, NAPA and Advanced Auto).

The closest junkyard that has them is two hundred and something miles away. I use car-part.com to locate one. The stealership charges $260 for a new one and over $500 to replace the old clockspring.

Where can I get a new one, they used to go for around $160?

Thanks in advance.

Best

Boris

I often buy Jeep parts on that InterGoogleNet.com thingy.

Type in what you need and search. Morris 4x4 and eBay has them.

Installing your own clock spring takes about 45 minutes and a few simple hand tools.

None of the stores I frequent carries clocksprings anymore (Autozone, NAPA and Advanced Auto).

The closest junkyard that has them is two hundred and something miles away. I use car-part.com to locate one. The stealership charges $260 for a new one and over $500 to replace the old clockspring.

Where can I get a new one, they used to go for around $160?

Thanks in advance.

Best

Boris

What year is it and does it have cruise? I have a 99 with cruise, I called up my local dealer :callme: and picked up one for $~200 and it took me a half hour to install it along with a multi(mis)function switch.

What year is it and does it have cruise? I have a 99 with cruise, I called up my local dealer :callme: and picked up one for $~200 and it took me a half hour to install it along with a multi(mis)function switch.
Sorry,

I have a 99 withe the cruise too. I broke my clockspring while changing the plate that holds the steering gear. The cruise works.

There is a write up I found on clockspring repair and will try this approach first. If not, will call another dealer that would charge me less than the $260, I need to pass inspection in a pinch. Hmmmmmmmmm...I wander how difficult it is to disconnect the airbag light.

Write up on clockspring repair:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1079613&highlight=clockspring%2C+clock+spring

Damn!
Wish I had seen this before getting raped for $349+taxes from the dealership.
Hell, the TIPM for the Wife's '08 JK was cheaper (by $2)

Back