• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering cooler

cjsxj87

NAXJA Forum User
I goit a power stering cooler for my xj, but what should I hook it up too? The high pressure line or the ow pressure line? I was thinking the low pressure line would prolly be a better choice for hooking it up. but im not sure.

^^ Good advice. I have mine (from an F350) mounted at the bottom of the grill panel on the driver's side. Plenyt of room for the lines to run between the header and the radiator.

The cooler off of the Ford is a fin and tube. These have been the norm for decades on factory installations.

Just bring the fluid in at the bottom and out the top when installed lengthwise. I have seen a couple of installations where the cooler was mounted vertically (input/output on top) but that seems a tad strange to me.

As simple, effective, mod.

The cooler off of the Ford is a fin and tube. These have been the norm for decades on factory installations.

Just bring the fluid in at the bottom and out the top when installed lengthwise. I have seen a couple of installations where the cooler was mounted vertically (input/output on top) but that seems a tad strange to me.

As simple, effective, mod.
That's right way to mount I have one on my V8 XJ and had one on my 1966 1 ton 454 turbo charged truck it helped with the 44's.

Back