• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Autometer Water Temp Gauge Install Question

XJrealm

NAXJA Forum User
First off I have a 1998 XJ:

I am putting in an electric autometer gauge because per an IR gun my temp sensor is way off and I have dummy gauges anyways.....so..... I am straight on hooking up the sending unit but I want to make the light in the gauge work. What wire is the 12v dash lighting wire that autometer is telling me to tap into? Please don't tell me to swap my cluster....been search for an hour now and that's the answer I find over and over. I have a gauge and my dash is in pieces, a new cluster is not my answer. Thanks!

Well to answer my own question....a probe light and about 30min a looking found the solid orange wire for 1998 jeep cherokee is the dash illumination.

45b2b0de-f378-3971.jpg

Ill restate it for the future googlers..... the dash lights are powered by the solid orange wire.

If you are trying to connect a light for a gauge use the solid orange wire on 1998 jeep cherokee xj.

Back