• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dirtbound offroad fan kit help

levi11

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a few issues with this kit. 1. There are no directions. 2 the fan shroud looks different then pics I've seen online. 3 Seems like im missing some hardware.There is a write up on outlawed offroad forum, but the shroud is different. I've tried contacting dirtbound offroad with no response, so this was my next step. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
John

Did you call or email? I seem to remember seeing a email with this and I replied asking for more info.

Here is the latest instructions but it has not been updated with the new shroud design. http://dirtboundoffroad.com/docs/XJ Cherokee Triple Fan installation and wiring guide.pdf

The shroud you have is the latest version and we have been shipping this version since the beginning of the year.

You can see how it mounts to the radiator:
(the nuts are just for illustration you would put the rubber block on top of the bracket.)
3-1.jpg

4.jpg

Not sure what you are referring to with missing hardware?

I did call and leave a message. The hardware I do not have are the screws that hold the shroud the the radiator. I did mount the fans to the shroud. A few questions I have are, with the updated shroud, do you still have to cut the radiator support? I did not buy the temp sensor, Do I need this fore sure or will all three fans run when the vehicle is on? Thanks, John

Back