• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to program 97+ Keyless entry remotes:

zluster

NAXJA Forum User
This post is largely useless unless you have access to a DRBIII, but for anyone who does have access to one this should explain the procedure exactly. DO NOT do a vehicle module scan as it will not show the RKE receiver on the module scan. This procedure is not applicable to any other dodge/Chrysler/Jeep products that I am aware of as the DRBIII builds the menu's based on the vehicles.

http://colorado4wheel.com/content/drb_XJ_RKE.html

1996- and older XJ's use a different procedure that can be programmed by the user.

I have mine set on the 10ms RKE chirp, I tried the 40ms chirp and my neighbors didn't like it when I locked my jeep after coming home at 3 am.

Ya thats understandable, I only have one working stock horn, but I have air horns installed, for me the 10ms is completely inaudible, the stock horn just doesn't kick in in that time and the air horn hasn't pumped up yet at all.

Back