• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 sleeve kits

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So i was throughing around the idea of adding a truss to a new dana 30 i'm picking up and didn't realize the cost of them. LOL Just not in the budget any more. What is everyones take on just sleeving it for add strength? Seems pretty straight forward and easy to do for a fraction of the price.

Also.. Is there really any differance between say... IRO, Poly Performance, Synergy. Other than price?
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...e=IROR&Product_Code=IR-SD30IASK&Category_Code

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...Dana-30-44-Inner-Axle-Sleeve-Kit-p-20274.html

http://ok4wd.com/synergy-suspension-dana-30-inner-axle-sleeve-kit.html

I'm not running crazy big tires only little 33's, but want the added strength to make this D30 last as long as possible.

Thanks

same diameters, material, and tube thicknesses, i'd go with polyperformance strictly based on price and the fact that i just ordered stuff from them and got it next day.

A truss would be much more effective then a sleeve kit. Don't bother with the kits, its simple and cheap to build one outta some 2x4 or so rect tubing notched to fit.

A truss would be much more effective then a sleeve kit. Don't bother with the kits, its simple and cheap to build one outta some 2x4 or so rect tubing notched to fit.

I thought about this too. Would need to get ahold of a good plasma cutter and a few hrs to do so i guess.. Always another option.

Or a tubing bender and some chromoly tubing...

b4fhbq.jpg

So truss, sleeve, or truss and sleeve to prevent this from happening again? :dunno:

P1070874.jpg

Seems like a truss would be the way to go. I'm thinking a simple one that ties in the passenger tube to the center section and extends to the passenger UCA mount.

i used the the sleeves from Poly Performance. fit real nice.i also used Rustys lower weld on knuckle braces and the weld on brace that goes from the axle housing to the right upper link mount.im real happy with what i did.

Marc, grab a sheet of 3/16 or 1/4 and come over when I get my tools back home. We will build you a killer truss!

:cheers: Sweet dude. Let me get this rear sorted out and the other parts needed for the front. I'll give you a call when i'm ready to come melt some shit together!

For the money you have in that axle you could ...........

.... not have to worry about it at all. Ground clearance of a stock axle, with more strength then a waggy 44, able to find over the counter parts easier, simpler to setup steering then a larger axle, hub bearings that if torqued properly can handle 35s easily where as I've seen my buddys 44 manual hub explode to pieces, and of course.... it already came with the jeep :spin1:

Not hating on 44s but just making a point, if built well 30s can handle more then people give them credit for. Theres a few 30s on this forum that could probably handle 36s without much issue, him being one of them and I believe Cal also had a beastly 30. That 30>waggy 44 anyday... although, that 30<ford hp 44. I'm sure I'll be flamed lolz :flamemad::flamemad:

.... not have to worry about it at all. Ground clearance of a stock axle, with more strength then a waggy 44, able to find over the counter parts easier, simpler to setup steering then a larger axle, hub bearings that if torqued properly can handle 35s easily where as I've seen my buddys 44 manual hub explode to pieces, and of course.... it already came with the jeep :spin1:

Not hating on 44s but just making a point, if built well 30s can handle more then people give them credit for. Theres a few 30s on this forum that could probably handle 36s without much issue, him being one of them and I believe Cal also had a beastly 30. That 30>waggy 44 anyday... although, that 30<ford hp 44. I'm sure I'll be flamed lolz :flamemad::flamemad:
i just built a hpd44 with d30 inner c's and wj knuckles for basically the same reasons you mentioned. i figured if i ever break the chromoly 30 spline inners i can go to 35 spline. if i ever break the 27 spline stubs i can go to a 33 spline on 94+ dodge ram d44 knuckles and unit bearings.

Shouldve used that RCV axle money torwards paying someone to weld that axle up better than that. Wouldve had enough money left over to pay him to sweep that shit up too.... Please tell us that upper link bracket isnt just on top of the truss?

I built the axles up over a few years, doing a little bit at a time. I don't have 4-5 grand sitting around at one time to drop on a built axle, and I don't have a place to build up a spare axle over time either. Plus everyone I talked to said don't even bother going to a 44 because they break just as easily. Might as well go straight to a 60 and that wasn't happening.

Shouldve used that RCV axle money torwards paying someone to weld that axle up better than that. Wouldve had enough money left over to pay him to sweep that shit up too.... Please tell us that upper link bracket isnt just on top of the truss?

Or maybe you can just weld my stuff up next time and then you won't have to comment on it?

I was half done installing the truss, you can see a huge piece missing on the right side. Welding it up a bit at a time as to not warp anything.

Just so YOU can feel safe about MY jeep:

Jeep-OC016.jpg

That upper mount took a beating way before I put the truss on there.

And are you seriously bitching about the cleanliness of my workspace? You do all your metal work in a dust free cleanroom?

looks good to me sunburned....i was planning on going the same route you did...however i built my own truss...not a pretty and doesnt have the speed holes like ballistic fabs has..but its get the job done

Just installed the IRO sleeves in my Dana 30 easy as apple pie , half way finished installing RCV axles . Trying to the Jeep ready for Fordyce this weekend . The sleeves are so easy to install and cheap why not? I got my 30 trussed to ,but its Lot more work and cost a bunch especially if you need to have it welded. Do the sleevs for now my 2 cents.

Back