• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x12.5 r 15 of 32x11.5

Bleckers3

NAXJA Forum User
Re 3.5 super flex installed on 98.

Have 4" bs wheels. Plan to skip 31 and go large.

Recommendations and if possible pics. Thanks!

Ps I've done searches.

ever thought of 33x10.5?

with 32's you dont have as much selection and 33's really only need a .5" more clearance than 32's. i would just go 33's.

^This. But you'll have to do a lot of trimming with a 3.5" lift though.

^This. But you'll have to do a lot of trimming with a 3.5" lift though.

ehh not so much. you will have to some, but bumpstop accordingly and you'll be fine. 35's would require a lot of trimming and bumpstops lol

my good friend has the same setup he's looking at (with 10.5) wide and he didn't go crazy with the trimming and it flexes and wheels great

when i was looking for tires, it seemed like 33's were a lot easier to find than 32's. it may not matter too much at first if you go with new tires, but if you gash one when they're half way worn, it's nice to be able to find a used one easily. take that for what it's worth

Does it really matter? We're talking |<---------------------->|
this much of a difference.

yes and no... different manufacturers 33s actually measure different diameter. same goes for 32s.

i vote 33x12.50 or even 33x10.50. deffinantly 10.50 if your rims are not 8" wide. 33s will be easier to find, and are often in stock. 32s are kind of like 16.5" rims, not really used anymore.

because no one said it, your going to want gears if you go bigger than 31s.

The 33x10.5 keeps peeking my interest. But it's Bfg mud terrain or bust. I like the duratrac's. I'm aware of gears, gonna suffer for a month or 2 then drop 4.56 and lockers in. Thanks!!

Don't get a pizza cutter. I ran 32x9.50 TSls on an old XJ in my rookie days,
They were diggers but looked silly.

Get a 33x12.50 on a 15x8 aftermarket wheel 3.5" backspacing.
Or you can use a Ford 15" oem wheel & some plate spacers. With a 33x12.5 stock Jeep wheels have too much backspacing.

The 34x10.5 LTB is an awesome tire for offroad only.
It only measures 33" tall and will work on a stock Jeep wheel.

What gear would you suggest for 33"?

I have an AW4 and will be going 33" on a RC 4.5" Short Arm X Flex

I ran 4.56's on 32's and an RE 4.5" superflex kit on my 96. I still had to trim the front fenders. I think 4.56's on 33's would be perfect all around, but it is subjective. Get the 33's hands down. You won't regret it every time you need to buy new tires, because you'll have five times more options than with 32's.

Another vote for the 33s as well. Get them in 12.50 for the same reasons as above, easier to find, more widely used so they usually always stock them on websites/some shops, and they just work better on the trails. I've run 12.50s for a few years now and have run the trails with guys on 10.50s, yes they did keep up but they couldn't air down as low and the tires didn't grip as well in the rocks.

As for the gearing comments I'll be the first to say it..... go 4.88s you'll love the power and mpg :)

if your planning to regear, go 33s, no contemplation needed. 4.10s will be pretty close to stock ratio. but youll be kicking yourself if you ever go to bigger tires. do it once, right? 4.56s will do you great. many will say to go right to 4.88. do some research.

what do i suggest? use an RPM calculator to see where your jeep will be running, and if that is acceptable for your use.

you can look up your specific tranny gears at novak adapters:
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/aw4.htm

and then i use this calculator because it lets you manually input gear ratios:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/multirpmcalc.html

i like this method because it lets you look at every gear, at various speeds.

ehh not so much. you will have to some, but bumpstop accordingly and you'll be fine. 35's would require a lot of trimming and bumpstops lol

my good friend has the same setup he's looking at (with 10.5) wide and he didn't go crazy with the trimming and it flexes and wheels great

You gotta cut the fenders pretty good to clear 32s on 3" If you don't mind trimming, may as well go up to 33's. I was gonna order a set until I came across my 32" KM2's.

Trimming will be needed. 33x10.5s will as difficult to find as 32s. Go with 4.88s. I've never wished for a taller gear. There are those who wish for deeper gears. Getting back to stock ratio won't do you any good. It'll be better than 3.55s, but besides height, you're adding weight, increasing rotational inertia, and bunch of other stuff that saps power.

I'm running 32x11.50 25's on aRE 35.
4b5283f4-1c77-e764.jpg

Got to regear. Going 4:56's. Soon

Trimming will be needed. 33x10.5s will as difficult to find as 32s. Go with 4.88s. I've never wished for a taller gear. There are those who wish for deeper gears. Getting back to stock ratio won't do you any good. It'll be better than 3.55s, but besides height, you're adding weight, increasing rotational inertia, and bunch of other stuff that saps power.

Strange world. I can find in stock 32x11.5 or 33x10.5 BFG MT2, not 33x12.5

In my case is ok. 33x12.5 are too much.

I'm running 32x11.50 25's on aRE 35.
4b5283f4-1c77-e764.jpg

Got to regear. Going 4:56's. Soon

Nice pic - It amazes me how this looks tight, but if you put on the Bushwhacker flares or the like, all the sudden there's all sorts of fenderwell space available again.

A local guy has a 4.5" lift and bushwhackers running 32's and they oddly enough, look small!

I'm going the route so many mentioned and just gonna do the 33's, Duratracs for the hardpack snow performance - its pretty messy here in winter and I can fold over the seams and such - a little rub-a-dub here and there won't be bad.

Back