• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for OEM Emission/Vacuum Tubes/Fittings

X E Ryder

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Folks,

Can someone direct me to a good online source for OEM Vacuum/line/parts/fittings?

Such as, that bizarre hose/fitting on the back of the valve cover that drops a 1/2" breather tube down to like a 1/4" hard vacuum line going to the intake manifold (is that the PCV?).

Also, I need to buy a new cruise control vacuum reservoir (was mounted in the right front fender behind bumper).

All that stuff is getting REALLY hard and brittle and I have not been able to find a good online retailer for it yet. My town is too small for a Jeep "Stealership" so I prefer to order it in.

Thank you! :wave1:

Thank You XJ People for the replies!

Mopar Parts America

Morris 4x4

Team Cherokee

OMG! I found EXACTLY what I needed at Team Cherokee and nowhere else! Thank you!

13428-53030726AA.JPG

Note from DJ
Are you working on the Jeep in your album? If so that’s a very clean looking ride for a ‘91
Are you missing the vacuum reservoir?
As Ecomike stated auto parts stores have CCV kits available.
Also have a look at this posting
Vacuum Help Please
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1079297
OP by SFXJ125

Thanks for the compliment! I am trying to trick this Laredo out, almost done with the motor bolt-ons (no rebuild until this strong yet old motor dies) and I'm about to begin body repairs. Then suspension and tires, gears and diff!

Yes it was boo-boo'd in the right front, I need the vacuum "bottle" - I think I might have found one for $15 new. Can you believe some Parts Hotline guy tried to charge me $150 for it? Unreal!

Note from DJ
Post back if you need more help, someone probable has that vacuum canister in there pick-a-part garage for a good price.

I might be confused but I thought you were looking for the rear CCV hose if so what you ordered might be wrong, if so try NAPA Auto Parts Part # 715-1365 at http://www.napaonline.com/

Note from DJ
If you have the valve cover off for any reason you might consider doing this modification while you have it off.
Cruiser’s Valve Cover Mod
Post # 46 by cruiser54 on 5-07-2012
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1072534&page=4
Most early and even later Renix 4.0s could be bothered by excessive oil in the air cleaner box. A fix from my old days as Service Manager at a Jeep dealership follows. Information was provided to me from a buddy at Jeep Tech during those days. I don’t believe it ever came out in a Technical Service Bulletin.

Remove the valve cover and turn it over. Next, remove the fluted tubes that are now facing you by removing three screws on each. Chop 1 inch off each of them. Then, about a half inch up from the area where you just sawed them off, drill a half inch hole in the tubes so the holes will face the rear of the valve cover. Clean and de-burr/sand all rough edges nicely, clean with solvent, and reinstall. Don’t be concerned about the chintzy gaskets that will probably crumble into oblivion when you remove the fluted tubes. They can go back together without gaskets.

Note from DJ
If you have the valve cover off for any reason you might consider doing this modification while you have it off.
Cruiser’s Valve Cover Mod
Post # 46 by cruiser54 on 5-07-2012
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1072534&page=4
Most early and even later Renix 4.0s could be bothered by excessive oil in the air cleaner box. A fix from my old days as Service Manager at a Jeep dealership follows. Information was provided to me from a buddy at Jeep Tech during those days. I don’t believe it ever came out in a Technical Service Bulletin.

Remove the valve cover and turn it over. Next, remove the fluted tubes that are now facing you by removing three screws on each. Chop 1 inch off each of them. Then, about a half inch up from the area where you just sawed them off, drill a half inch hole in the tubes so the holes will face the rear of the valve cover. Clean and de-burr/sand all rough edges nicely, clean with solvent, and reinstall. Don’t be concerned about the chintzy gaskets that will probably crumble into oblivion when you remove the fluted tubes. They can go back together without gaskets.

Hey I'll check that out Thanks Mr. DJ!

Back