• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny cooler quick disco modification

trust96xj

NAXJA Forum User
so after blowing the upper line on the way to the bars with my girl for her 21st bday last night, i decided to take the disco out and heres my little write up.

if this is in the wrong section please move it to whatever place it needs.

i decided to do this cause i couldnt find any write ups on the process, so for anyone in the future, this is what i did, and heres how to do it. line held great even revving up to 5k in 3rd gear in the dirt.

what youll need:
-4qt atf, i use valvolene dex-III/mercon
-14mm socket
-3/8 drive ratchet
-flat head screw driver
-oil catch pan
-card board boxes to line the ground, unless you dont mind oil spots in your garage
-for fluid when comes out of line in the front
-clippers to cut flex line, i used pvc pipe cutters cause theyll cut real fast and clean
-funnel
-paper/shop towels
-jim jefferies & eddie ifft talk shit podcast

start the podcast
photo-8.png

use 14mil socket to remove drain plug on transmission
photo-4.jpg

pull apart quick disco, use flathead screwdriver to pop clip off
photo-2-2.jpg

pull apart and drain, i used the tall can and guinness bottle method, worked perfect for me
photo-1-2.jpg

cut as close as possible to the crimp, so you have extra hose if needed

photo-3-1.jpg

i slid three hose clamps on to the flex line. didnt flare the hard line cause there was an o ring stop on it, so it works just as well.
photo-4-1.jpg

slid line onto and over the o ring stopping rib tightened it down nice and snug
photo-5.jpg

fill 'er up with the good ol atf fluid
photo-6.jpg

did a few runs up and down a semi rough dirt road with some deece dips, revved it up pretty high, held great.
photo-7.jpg

Back