• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering column interchange ('94 to '91 XJ)

1x1_Speed_Craig

NAXJA Forum User
I sold a '94 XJ non-tilt steering column (donor 4.0L auto) to a local guy today who has a '91 XJ manual (4.0L AX-15) to replace his COMPLETELY shot tilt column. He called tonight, and said the ignition wiring/plugs look different.

I thought that '91-'94 model columns would be the same. I'll take a look personally Sunday and will refund his money if it doesn't work, but I just wanted to find out if someone could set me straight on the years for steering column interchange.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

tell him to turn his plugs upside down-- the tilt switch works with a non tilt column and vice-versa, but the plugs are upside down from each other.

I can vouch for the Renix plugs first hand, but to my knowledge, the '91-'94 are no different.

tell him to turn his plugs upside down-- the tilt switch works with a non tilt column and vice-versa, but the plugs are upside down from each other.

I can vouch for the Renix plugs first hand, but to my knowledge, the '91-'94 are no different.

Thanks Shorty. I should be seeing it in-person tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.

Craig

Back