• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any machine shops or help?

sheffeyva

NAXJA Forum User
I have two exhaust studs broken flush with the head I need removed. Anyone own a shop or have the tools to remove the studs somehow? I just don't have the tools or the knowhow to do it. The heads are off the engine so I could just bring them over wherever the need to go. I'm hoping to get this done today!

I use Toms Performance in Vancouver. 6707 NE 117th Ave # 101C Vancouver, WA 98662
(360) 256-1722

just don't try to do it yourself, you'll break an easy-out off in the stud then it's twice the pain to get out with the hardened tool steel in there

Whatever you do don't take it to tom's that guy is a ripoff and is way to proud of his
work. Thinks he knows how to build gods greatest small block chev.(n)
Xs 2 on what Streetpirate said been their done that.

Well there ya go, you have have choices & opinions on where to & where not to take your head to get fixed. There are im sure 10 maybe 15 shops in Portland that can do a good job for you at a fair price. Just to check a few out, go with your gut!!

Back