• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS Shocks

dktool

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone running BDS shocks on the front of their XJ ?

I just installed a new set of 3" springs and found a pair of BDS shocks for a great deal. ($75.00 for a pair)

http://bds-suspension.com/product-display?sr=95965

Is their a reason they are a great deal ??? POS or ??

product-display

I would be curious to see what kind of warranty they have.
They claim to be "Lifetime", which I always take with a gain of salt.

BDS Suspension Co. warrants to the original retail purchaser that its shock
and stabilizer cylinders are free from defects in material and workmanship for so long as they own the vehicle. Excluded
from this warranty are the finish of the product and mounting bushings. Defects in material and workmanship do not
include such things as dented cylinders or bent rods caused by obvious side impact, rust, worn or deformed bushings.
A shock absorber is a wear item and over time will experience diminished damping resistance due to normal component
wear. This is not a defect in material or workmanship and is therefore not warrantable.
BDS Suspension’s obligation under all warranties is limited to the repair or replacement, at BDS’s option, of the defective
material. Any cost of removal, installation or reinstallation, freight charges, incidental or consequential damages are
expressly excluded from these warranties.

Last edited:
If they are in really good shape/new I would say a decent deal.

I have the 5500 hydraulic shocks so this may be apples to oranges....

They're on my '98 daily driver with a 4.5" long arm lift and 32's. I love them. The XJ handles better on the street now than it did stock.

Can't beat BDS customer service. I say buy them. But then again, I have zero experience with their gas shocks.

The BDS shocks that came with my 4.5" lift kit are very nice. They are valved specifically for the XJ and provide a good ride and handling.

I did damage one, not a warrantee issue and got it replaced at the local BDS dealer for $35.00.

Back