• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Timing chain tensioner question

MoFo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
While disassembling my 4.0, I found the plastic timing chain tesion shoe that clips to the side of the timing gover has the tab broken off one end. I want to replace it. I thought it would possibly come with the new timing set, but it is not shown in the pictures and is not in the description of any timing sets I have found online.

Can anyone recommend where I can buy one of these; is it a dealer only part?

Thanks guys for the information and clarification. The OEM parts catalog calls them a snubber. The local Jeep dealer lists them for $9.00 and they are out of stock nationally. I did see them at Rock Auto. They want $12.95 to ship them USPS first class, with all other options being more expensive! With these shipping prices I am surprised Rock Auto is surviving.
I ordered one locally for $9.00.

X2 on the thanks guys! Two great answers in one thread... WIN! :) Sux that the snubber is out of stock MoFo... but you probably didn't want to go to the stealership anyhoo!?! :)

When measuring from the cogs/straight edge... does it matter if its on the high side or the low (pull versus return... if that makes any sense?)?

Back