• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner removed, but glue still tacky

skyaugen

NAXJA Forum User
It seems like the previous owner just tried to reattach the liner by spraying

more adhesive to cloth but it only lasted a few years, now it's still tacky.

How do I remove the glue still stuck on the board? Should I use Goof off,

denatured alcohol or just leave it out in the sun to dry out?

Thanks, Chris

Pull the headliner out and scrape the stuff off with an old credit card or something of the sort. Then use new glue and fabric. Did mine 2 years ago and still looks good.

I don't know if a credit card will do it, but it's the right idea. If a scraper doesn't do it you might want to try e-z strokes with a wire brush. A little at a time...it takes some patience.

Then use the right kind of adhesive...3M 77 or better, and use enough. It's pretty expensive but buy more than you think you need, you can always return and extra can or two.

Like bails85 sez...did mine too a few years ago and it looks brand new.

To make removing the old glue easy, head down to the $.99 store and pick up a toilet bowl brush. Snap off the brush end, and chuck it up in your cordless drill. Makes easy work of the old glue.

Sounds like a better option than the wire brush...quick and cheap. This way you wouldn't have to worry about tearing up the headliner board, but it'd get the stuff off.

To make removing the old glue easy, head down to the $.99 store and pick up a toilet bowl brush. Snap off the brush end, and chuck it up in your cordless drill. Makes easy work of the old glue.

having met you in person it is WAY too easy for me to imagine you weilding a drill powered toilet brush. I can't stop laughing :roflmao:

Back