• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6/16 TSF run feat. Mopar440 and Bronzwyrm

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Well, met up w/John and Tesse @ Roger's at the appointed time, aired down< disco'd and hit the trails... John has done a bunch of fab work on his rig, and decided (rightly so) to do a shakedown run before heading to NWF... Cedar Tree was uneventful, so on to FB5 we went... and right next to the ol' Rock Of Doom, John's axle mount for his three link frontend decided it didn't want to be there any more... so, after scratching our heads for awhile, we came up with a temporary fix so they could limp home...

After pulling John's rig up to the bypass and seeing them off, the gf and I soldiered on... not wanting to tempt fate being solo, we kept to the milder trails: upper half of FB5 (past the Rock Garden), over to Saddle Up (which, for us was Saddle DOWN!!), back side of 7up, Hogsback and then the v-notch bypass of Rocky Uphill, ending our day by following Archer's to Waterfall... Not much traffic up there, which was kinda nice, and weather cooperated, with just a few light showers.

Our new (to us) XJ performed as expected, and the run gave my gf insight to what things need to be done to make a more capable rig... she was impressed by the abilities of a basically stock XJ, and was amazed at the things we did... SOOOOOO nice to be wheelin' an XJ again... I love my old Ramcharger, but the damn thing is just too big for some of those trails!

Pics to follow soon:roflmao:

Back