• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flairing up

bmxdude151

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running 35s on 4.5 inches of lift which required a lot of fender trimming and the loss of the factory flairs. there is lots of flairs out there like the Bushwackers and Napiers but I am not wasting $300 on flairs. kinda curious on what other people have done for homemade flairs.

I use TJ flares on mine. Work great and are cheap. Has been done plenty of times before me so should be an easy search.

There are lots of threads with TJ flares both here and elsewhere. I have also seen garden edging. IMO, if you don't care if your rig looks like shit, then go right ahead and bolt on a set of those TJ flares or garden edging.
Doing the TJ flares is no big deal, but you will need to trim the flares to fit the back (after enlarging the wheel arch by folding in the pinch weld). The front, just zip a hole the same as a TJ and bolt them on.

I found it was worth my time and money to buy a set of wide BW cutout flares to replace the TJ flares (What a mess!) and cover the tires which were sticking out 6" past the body line and thus avoiding the hassle of dealing with the State Police. The truck looks 10000% better, no problems with the Police, and it still wheels fine. Better still, I get to use the stock inner fender liners up front!

I personally try to have all 37 pieces of flair, but thats more of a personal choice.
flair.jpg

If you take your time with rear tj flares they can look pretty good and they are pretty strong. I have rear TJ flares on my XJ and have not had any problems with them.

Back