• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Windows/Locks Not Always Working

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
OK...my jeep has really been giving me issues lately. First things first. My passenger side window will not roll down from either the passenger side control or the drivers side control. Also, I have noticed that randomly while I am driving, my locks will lock and unlock on their own just randomly. I have also noticed that when someone gets in my passenger seat and they slam the door entering or exiting, it will lock/unlock. Well today, I have all my windows down (except for the passenger side, which btw, only will work once in a blue moon and my girlfriend says that it only works with the control is illuminated, which it hardly ever is) and now my passenger rear window will not roll up....I have tried using both controls and it will not work..... before I set my jeep on fire or do something stupid, will someone please tell me what is going on and what I need to replace this time!

Rant OFF

Remove the driver side door module. Open it up and inspect the solder joints on the circuit board. Chances are they cracked. Take a soldering iron, heat the joint and remove the solder. Then add new solder. They used crappy solder when these modules were built in Mexico. I've fixed my intermittent doors this way. You might also need to do it with the passenger module as well but chances are its the driver window lock button, hence the unilluminated buttons.

What year is it? Your handle suggests it an 88. If that's the case, there's no circuit board. You mention "illuminated" which would not be an 88.

If the 88, there are two large connectors on the switch assy on the driver door. Make sure they fit tight. Also check the one on the pass door.

There are connectors inside the kick panels. Make sure they are tight. Also, you could have a break in a wire where the bundle passes from the door into the kick panel.

I had recurring problems with mine until I finally tried this.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1084863

Back