• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U joint straps 8.25 vs d35??

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped from a a dana 35 to an 8.25 and since I was lifted 3" I think I 've gotten away with using the slightly longer d35 length driveshaft on the 8.25. I've run some water bars and theres a soft clunk on flex that I think is the slip yoke needing grease. Should be fine though........right?

Are the straps and U joints on the 8.25's pinion yoke the same as the Dana 35's?

Also same question regarding the TC side Ujoints and straps.

I have some Precision (part 369) greaseable U joints and straps I bought for my D35 and would like to use them if all the hardware is the same. Gotta grease the slip yoke to get rid of "the Clunk" and figured I r and r the old stuff while I'm there.

Last edited:
Drill out the 8.25 yoke to accept the 5/16"(?) u-bolt off a CJ. Much better than having the straps back there.

Last time I bought straps at the parts store we had 4 different boxes with straps that were all different sizes and they all were supposed to fit a 1310 joint on the 8.25 axle.

Back