• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'96 XJ Exhaust

OH_FARMER

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I looking for suggestions to replace the factory exhaust on my cherokee. I can't believe it lasted nearly 17yrs and 102K miles. I would like to replace with something with a little tone, but not too loud. It appears that I will have to replace the cat and everything. Any suggestions or recommendations??

I'm running a Flowmaster 50 series muffler on my '96 XJ. Gives a nice tone without being too loud.

performance-curve.com offers a mangaflow catback for around 100$. I prefer turndowns, and have a 14" 4x9 oval maggy that I picked up on amazon for under 50$ wit ha turndown. Nice tone, not too loud, no drone like Failmasters.

Most will say a Dynomax Super Turbo or Magnaflow. I ran a Super Turbo on my 2.9L Ranger and loved it. Still there; although it's falling apart after 10yrs (just needs to hold on until the 5.0L is in there!)

I'm running a Flowmaster 50 series as well as a Walker hi-flow cat. It's not too loud, has a great tone, and I have full stainless exhaust now.

Borla.. Gives a good deeper tone (not loud) and 304 stainless will oulast the vehicle.
Also costs about as much as I paid for my brand new set of MTR-k's

Walker Dyno-max for sure it is the BEST one I have ever herd on my 4.0 Jeep.I had a couple...I do not like drone at all.run 2.5 to the muffler and use a 2.25 tail pipe.

Back