• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atlas transfer case install???

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
I have an atlas 4:3 in the garage waiting to get installed....my question is how long is it gonna take me to install this thing? I've pulled my 242 to put in the sye but don't remember how long it took. I am thinking I could knock it out in 6-8hrs by myself. (btw I am probably slower than most of you guys who can install build and install a motor in 2hrs.)

AW4 or AX15? if aw4 it does require spacer, anyways remove old tcase, take big ass hammer to floor, install atlas, cut hole in floor for shifters, install shifters, done and have someone to help you, there XXXXing heavy

have someone to help you, there XXXXing heavy

no joke, if you have access to a transmission jack you can borrow from someone get it. there will be a lot of lifting it into place then taking it back out while you get the massaging of the floor to fit it in there right.

Back