• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper

Snapple

NAXJA Forum User
So beings that i have a stock XJ. I have been looking threw the web at the difrent bumpers. I came acrosshttp://www.jcroffroad.com
and this bumper.
XJ-CNFDeluxeDesc.jpg

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merch...OD&Category_Code=XJB&Product_Code=XJ-R-DX-CNF

Would any of you XJ owners get this? why why not?
Would you have one built for you?
What do you have and what are the pros and cons for your bumper and this one.
How much do you think it would cost to build something similar.

I really don't have that much to spend on any part for my rig.

I would not by any rear bumper with swing arm tire carrier from any company. All of my armor is locally built. For way less than that one.

I know a few local fabricaters that make stuff better than big companies for less money.

I can point you in the right direction. If you want.

I would think you could have a set made, like Aron said locally cheaper. I was politely told my bumpers suck, well at least my front one.
So once I got home from the newb run I cut it up. :)

I would not by any rear bumper with swing arm tire carrier from any company. All of my armor is locally built. For way less than that one.

I know a few local fabricaters that make stuff better than big companies for less money.

X2

Jeep guys tend to build their own stuff before they buy it. Not in all cases but most of the time.

never said i i was getting it.. I will never have 1k for a bumper...but still like the storage behind the spare. Could use the room in the cab for my big Lab. would mot mind spare on roof. but getting the spare up and down safely is a concern.

It sucks to get up and down like you say, ask me how I know. The other problem is the extra weigh of a tire is like a pendulum when off roading again I know from experience. That's why mine is no longer mounted on top.
Just my .02 cents...

A good fabricator could build you a rear bumper with swing arm tire carrier and storage for probably around $400 including steel cost.

Point away!

Back