• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need input: Where to put my new hood louvers?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I just received my new louvers and wanted your input. I've got 2 places I'm thinking about mounting them... close, but not sure yet. Wanted input before I cut the hood later today.

More towards the outer part of the hood as pictured:

Louvers.jpg

Louvers2.jpg

Or more inward:

Louvers4.jpg

Louvers3.jpg

I think both of these will work but need to double check for the underhood bracing.

Thanks.

How about On the front quarter panels. Then you can low ride the heep and be a pimp.

Uh... ok. I'm actually using these to help w/the overheat/vapor lock problems common on the 00-01 XJs due to the Pre-Cat heat build up under the intake manifold.

Ya i know. I thought it would be funny to see someone do that and disgrace thers heep.

Just an FYI and yes, I know that I'm persnickety.

Quarter Panels are only found on the rear of a vehicle. Up front, they are known as "fenders" or "wings" depending upon which side of the pond you are on.

But, venting the engine bay through the fenders has been done it is not as efficient as going through the hood (bonnet?) but doing it that way eliminates the need for drip pans.

Mounted them up yesterday. Used the more inward location due to hood bracing and overall looks & fit. They look good & it appears my temps are cooler, but I don't have any real measurements yet other than the OE gauge is showing cooler. I'll try and get some followup pics soon & post. Thx

I put the same vents on mine and the engine temp dropped about 10 deg. during slow crawls and long lines. The hood temp is down 25-30 deg. and I can rest an adult beverage on it without it getting hot.

Thanks for the input and of course the pics all!!

Here's some pics of mine installed.

LouverInstalled.jpg

LouverInstalled2.jpg

LouverInstalled3.jpg

LouverInstalled4.jpg

LouverInstalled5.jpg

Not only are they functional, but I like the way they look too!! :)

Back