• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interco SSR tires

*Jonathan

NAXJA Forum User
I did this a bit backwards, but I got a pretty good deal on (5) 35x12.5x16 Interco SSR's they are basically brand new mounted on DC-1 rims. I'm currently on 31's so this is a pretty big jump for me (although I've already upgraded my gears, steering etc.).

My question is.. I didnt realize how high the load rating is on these tires. The interco website puts them at a 10 ply rating with max load of 3640!

I mainly wheel the rocks on the weekend at Rausch (I drive 2 hours to get there) and drive this jeep around in the winter months. Are these tires going to suck with such a high load rating? Too stiff a ride? I'm not trimmed yet so I cant just throw them on and check it out.

I have a guy that wants to trade his 33 KM2 tires with 3,000 miles on them for my SSR's plus cash. Maybe this is a better move? Thoughts?

you could probably run them airless LOL
is that a 10 ply sidewall? if so, that's insane.

10 ply is nutty for how light the XJ is...
not only will they be stiff, but they are heavy. which will put a lot of stress on your shafts.

what axles do you have and what is your gearing? the KM2s is probably a better option if you drive this thing regularly.

You give him cash or he gives you cash? Your SSR's are over 130 a tire more expensive then the KM2's. But I do believe that the SSR's are the wrong tire for your Jeep. I would try as hard as possible to not go over a D range tire on an XJ.

He is giving me cash on top of the trade

I ran SSR's on a YJ and they were very good on the road. 30k miles. Then I ran them off road only for 4 years. They are very durable. They also have good traction, but not too much to keep a dana 30 alive. Good luck with your dicision.

Back