• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

day or night run

psullivam

NAXJA Forum User
Seeing if anyone is up for a jeep run Saturday. Im up for anywhere. I was also thinking a night run up somewhere close. kelly flats or spring creek ect... I went up kelly flats but never found the chutes.

How tough is kelly flats without the chutes?

I cant wait to have the cash to buy a skid and have at it lol.

Kelly Flats w/o the Chutes isn't much worse than Pole Hill Road or Slaughterhouse. Basically just a dirt road with a few extra bumps.

Cool, I am still learning and after attempting moody hill last week I am a little gun shy. I wasnt prepared for that coming from the flat lands lol.

Moody Hill? My buddies and I run that in conjunction with Crystal fairly regulalry. There is a sweet view from the top where we go to eat lunch. Its a fun little trail I guess, but it does wear on you as it makes for a long and bouncy day

Yeah, Moddy Hill. It was just way steeper and bumpier than I had ever seen before. In IL everything is mud, none of this boulder busting stuff lol.

I had never pulled a wheelstand in a vehicle until that day (still have front swaybar attached so that didnt help lol) Hell I had never had a need for 4 low before.

But being from IL it scared the poo outta me, but I had fun and then ran flowers later that day and loved it. Just a nice bumpy chill trail.

Yeah, a buddy of mine is from MN and I took him out wheeling in his Rubicon the other weekend. I think it was the first time he ever needed his lockers or 4low. We ran Pole Hill and I was expecting him to be dissapointed in the trail, he was all giddy instead. Then I ran him over to Left Hand and we did Big Momma Hill and Fireman's Hill. He got a bit nervouse on Big Momma, I was giving him one hell of a hard time.

kelly flats is a good area to test out mild builds. lots of areas to test flex and clearance issues. I think it would be a good practice and fun trail to mess around on.great view on kelly flats also.

Back