• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New announceme​nt: La Dee Trail Building Status Update - Urgent

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Folks, Please read this entire message. There will be many important details in here and I don't want you to miss anything. We are finally in a position where we can announce when trail construction will occur. I know this is an announcement many of you have asked about, and now I am finally in a position to be able to answer.
This weekend a group of dedicated class II users met with the USFS and gained agreement to begin trail construction of the 800 trail. Thanks to the work of all involved, but especially our volunteer trail designer we have gained approval to move forward with flagging the 800 trail. This work will begin in late June. This will involve reducing the current road to a width of 80", and identifying the trail center line. It will also involve connecting the two 800 spurs together which will result in approximately 2 miles of class I, II, III and IV trails. The trail management objective (TMO) for this trail will be a moderate difficulty level class II trail that is more difficult to class I an III users. The trail corridor needs to stay within the existing road prism, but we are confident we can meet the TMO even with this limitation.

Once trail flagging is completed it is our intent to begin trail construction immediately and we have gained USFS approval to do so. We estimate that we will begin trail construction under the careful guidance of our trail designer in mid July. For trail construction we will need the donation of volunteer time, money, equipment, and expertise. We will be looking to the OHV users for volunteer support. We do not have any funding or grant support at this time for trail construction. This trail will be designed and built with 100% volunteer time, money and labor. We need your help to make this happen.

Here is a listing of the equipment we need for the 800 trail.
- D4 or D5, with a 6 way blade. This will be used to help carve the trail and harvest rock from the existing road bed. In order to create the dips, twists and turns, and adjustable blade is needed. It would be great if it had a ripper.
- Excavator, again with adjustable blade, but also a "thumb" to be able to move and position boulders.
- Haul rigs, both trucks to pull trailers and material as well as trailers.
- We will need man power, both as equipment operators, but also as just good old manual labor.
- We will need donations of fuel for the machinery.

If you can volunteer any of the above, we need your help to create the initial class II trail for the La Dee OHV area. Without your support we wont be able to do this. I am hoping we can count on your support.

As part of the agreement we have with our trail designer, he is requiring that all volunteers attend a trail tour in the Tillamook State Forest. We will be reviewing newly built trails, to gain an understanding of the design technique used to create sustainability and user enjoyment. All equipment operators must attend this training prior to working in La Dee.

Our first trail tour will be held Sunday June 24th. We will be meeting at Lee's Camp Store on HWY 6 at 10:00AM. Please be on time, we will have a lot of ground to cover, and we need to be respectful of our designer who is volunteering his time. I encourage anyone who wants to volunteer to arrive at the Lee's Camp Store no later than 9:45AM.

The Lee's Camp store is located at
48400 Wilson River Highway
Tillamook, OR 97141

Here is a link for a google map.
http://goo.gl/maps/U7KG

Thank you for all of your patience as we worked through the hurdles leading up to this. It is now time to begin building trail! It's been a long road, but soon, with your support, we will have something awesome to show for it. I look forward to seeing you on the 24th.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:
http://thoseguysoffroad.com/tgorforum/index.php?topic=1389.0

party1:party1:party1:

There will be other opertunities and other tours.

I still encourage anyone wanting to lend a hand or wanting to do work developing the trails and eventualy OUR trail, to attend this (if not going to NWF) and other forest tours and trail building tours.

Thanks Aaron! I appreciate you spreading the word! I also appreciate the support you and fellow Naxja members have shown and look forward to having your support as we progress along with the La Dee project. It's been a long time coming, and I am excited to soon be creating some trail!

Thanks again, and I hope to see many of you on the 24th.
EbelMunkey007 aka ThatGuy
President - Those Guys Off Road

Thanks for the heads up on this one. If you dont want to honor me with your presence then I highly suggest showing up for this event

Last edited:
Bumpity Bumpity, Who wants to build some trail? I've been sitting in meetings for a long time waiting for this day to happen, now it's here. Who wants to build some trail?

Im planing on the LaDee flats clean up on Saturday. Im also planning on being in the Yacolt Burn on Sunday to help up there. This all depending on how Saturday goes. So is there an updated list of who is going to LaDee on Saturday?

As of right now I am planning on picking up jason (crazymoose) from his house at 8, then head up to lees camp. Should be there around 930.

- We will need donations of fuel for the machinery.

If you can volunteer any of the above, we need your help to create the initial class II trail for the La Dee OHV area.

I'm not a registered member of those guys off road club.

How can I donate some scrilla to this for fuel money?

I will be up there tomorrow. If anyone wants to go I have the passenger seat open. Meet me at Portland International Raceway (PIR) exit at 8am sharp if you want to go. It would be nice if I know you or have met you as well, just in case some homeless guy has a computer and wants to play games

I will be up there tomorrow. If anyone wants to go I have the passenger seat open. Meet me at Portland International Raceway (PIR) exit at 8am sharp if you want to go. It would be nice if I know you or have met you as well, just in case some homeless guy has a computer and wants to play games

You afraid this guy might want to ride with you? lol :laugh:
internet_02.jpg

Back