• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best tire for under 250

ghettocherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a set of 33/12.5 r15, looked at KM2, wrangler duratrac, or goodyear MTR. Which would be the best for a weekend crawler that is still a daily driver. Currently have 31's Prime well PA100 (absolute garbage).

MTR kevlar's would be my first choice for a DD/Weekend warrior followed by a Duratrac,

The KM2 is a great tire but the sidewalls are on the weak side for a MT , The Duratrac is an excellent tire for all around use All of the police who patrol Big & Little Cottonwood Canyons have them on their F150's and Tahoe's during the winter months, But when it comes to wheeling the sidewalls are thin also. If you want a tuff tire that will perform well all around the MTR would be a great choice some other tires to look at would be a Toyo OpenCounrty M/T and a Mickey Thompson MTZ

If I was not picking up a set of Toyo OC M/T's that have 1200 miles on them cheap I would put MTR's on my XJ An I've been a tire salesmen for almost 10 years

I love my kevlars wife love's her km2 and the 31 duratracs i had great grip on and off road but the side walls were a little weak. I would say they all are pretty good for the price. The duratracs did the best in the snow for us.

I love my 33" MTRs, got them at America's Tire (same as Discount) for $184/each. Check the price on tirerack then tell America's to price match.

33s will fit 4.5 nicely. little trimming, little bump stopping, you'll be good.

liking my cooper discovery sst's so far, and i got them way cheaper than the mtr's, just to throw out another option. 871 mounted and balanced with road hazard for 35's at pep boys. hard to find a bad review on them.

the falken rocky mountains are hands down awesome cheap tires. thicker sidewalls and beads then the BFG or any goodyear and they work great in everything(except ice but hey its ice) they are my new favorite all around tire.

I have these but in a 32/11.50/15 they cost me about 185 a Piece shipped to my door from this seller on ebay. I have had no complaints about them at all!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nankang-Mud...Parts_Accessories&hash=item256f489be3&vxp=mtr

KGrHqRlIE6GRqJW9pBOjKVJ1nJ60_35.jpg

i use the mickey thompson baja MTZ in the 31x10.50 flavor, same carcase as the cooper tire IIRC, pretty sure mickey is a division of cooper.

i picked mine up used for 300 bucks with 85% tread and they have been wearing very well since.. kinda heavy but works decent on road and so far so good off road,

personally i really like the yokohama geolander MT, works great at the race track, wear well on the lighter vehicles, and seem to do very well for general off road use, and are damn near 10Lbs lighter per tire VS the mickey. little out dated lookin on the side walls, but my buddy works for yoko and they will be my next tire for the daily driver

the falken rocky mountains are hands down awesome cheap tires. thicker sidewalls and beads then the BFG or any goodyear and they work great in everything(except ice but hey its ice) they are my new favorite all around tire.

Me too! When I pull the trigger on new tires it will definitely be those ones! My GFs Rocky Mountains blew my mind the first time we took her Jeep out on the trail. They make my BFG ATs feel like street slicks. :D

Back