• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im in love...

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, maybe love is to strong of a word, but I saw these doors and want a set too...Anyone know who owns them, or where they can be had?

untitled2.jpg

My guess is he made/had them made. If you can bend solid rod and weld, you could make the frames pretty easy. The latch assembly is prob. an off the shelf thing. Then you could drop them off at an Auto or marine interior place and have the covers made. Doesn't seem that hard a project. :)

Thanks a ton for sharing this - I think I now have my next project ahead of me. Always wanted a reason to learn how to work with textiles.

BTW - think those are TJ door handles?

They are a one off the guy made. I contacted him a while ago and he was looking at making a jig and go in production. But for now he wants like 2000 for front and rear i think, it was awhile ago. heres the message he sent me.

We custom made those for a customer in Pennsylvania. It is the only set ever made by us (or anyone else from what I have seen) We charged $500 per door. so if you have a 4 door and want all 4 it is $2,000. We have alot of hours of fabrication involved in making these doors. They are two piece removable just like a yj soft door and there is two sections for the width this way the door stricker and body lines all match up. I dont have alot of free time right now as my wifes is due to deliver our second child any day. However if time is not a huge issue I would not be completely oppossed to building more doors. I am in process of writting a cad program for the frame work to help cut build time and to reduce overal cost.

hes on http://www.greatlakes4x4.com trailrail302 is his name

Last edited:
for 2k id rather buy another 3 xj's

Back