• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shorter transmission mount

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a lifted XJ with a dropped tranny cross member. I was curious if anyone made a shorter transmission mount to get rid of the cross member drop. Would still accomplish the same thing without having a cross member hanging a inch low.

not any that i know of. the issue you run into if you run a shorter tranny mount is front driveshaft and crossmember clearance. im sure something can be fabbed up to work, but I looked into this a couple years ago and came up with nothing. I just clocked my t-case, hammered my floor up, and ran a belly skid that didn't hang more than 1/4" below my framerails.

I had to read that twice...

What you need is an actual dropped cross member, not a T-Case Drop.

Rusty's has what you need. A 1" T-Case drop cross member. It will do the T-Case drop thing without loosing any ground clearance.

Yes, the below mount is just over a inch lower you can use this with your stock cross member
I ran this mount until I changed to long arm with drop build into the cross-member.

P/N ANCHOR Part # 2570

Back