• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ready for AW4 swap - cables?

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have almost everything I need for the AW4 to go in. My question is about the TV cable. I'm going from a RENIX system with an HO tranny.

The cables that cross the valve cover on the loom are 1. Throttle cable from gas pedal to TB. 2. The TV cable from the trans body to the throttle body. 3. The cruise cable from the servo on the passenger side fender.

My truck does not have cruise, and I don't need/want it. So can I eliminate that cable altogether?

My 90 XJ does not have the "loom" or the bracket and no cables cross the VC. So can I just hook up the cables just like the RENIX??

...and on another vein...I have the bell housing dust cover from the manual trans, I don't have the cover from the AW4. Can I just cut the cover at a strategic point and bolt it to the bell housing? All the holes are the same.

If you cut the dust shield all kinds of crap is going to get in there as you drive, including sticks and rocks getting kjicked into a flywheel spinning at high speeds. I wouldn't do that, get the right shield.

Yes you can eliminate the cruise control servo and cable, just make sure you plug the vacuum line that goes to the servo.

If you cut the dust shield all kinds of crap is going to get in there as you drive, including sticks and rocks getting kicked into a flywheel spinning at high speeds. I wouldn't do that, get the right shield.

Yes you can eliminate the cruise control servo and cable, just make sure you plug the vacuum line that goes to the servo.

There is no vac line to the servo, as there is no servo.

On the dust shield, I understand that if I cut it an leave it off there would be a problem with debris. I had planned to re-use the shield and cut it where the stock shield would be, modified of course, so that the lower part will be bolted on as well...just like the stock shield.

I would like to get the right shield but I can't find one anywhere except for pulling a tranny at the JY just for the shield.

Back