• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corporate axle (posi) value to '95 XJ?

Kirk A

NAXJA Forum User
I will soon be selling or trading an enjoyable '95 XJ 4-dr HO model. It has the limited slip rear axle. And I was wondering how much value that adds to the vehicle for special interest users?

Thanks in advance,
Kirk

you have a chevy axle in your jeep? If it's the stock axle, which i'm sure it is, then it's probably a 8.25 or dana 35, and is most definitely not a corporate.
limited slip isnt going to add any value, other than maybe making it easier to sell.
if anything, i'd say it's worse as i believe you have to swap out the whole carrier in order to install a locker, rather than just dropping in a spartan or something.

If it's a limited slip it's a D35c, housing made be Dana-Spicer and internals by Daimler-Chrysler likely to save money on guts.
Actually one of the weakest axles a Jeep can have as many feel.
Likely the Limited slip is inoperable or weak after xxx,xxx miles.
It would add no more than ABS to most buyers, which is nothing since it's a commonplace item nowadays, as a "feature".

Just mention that it has "TracLok limited slip rear axle" and pitch it as a "perk", not a price-upper.
It's just icing, nothing more, unless you find a rube you can work.
I however tend to lean toward the side of wanting people to know EXACTLY what they're buying, even the hush hush issues, even if I lose money. Not puffing up anything.
Karma and all that hippie stuff:peace:.

My apologies for terminology. Yes, its a 3.55 Dana 35c Limited Slip, originally equipped with the Police Group.

As I prepare to sell this, I was simply trying to help determine value. This Jeep has been a blast, especially in the winter, but it is going to give way to something sportier for at least three seasons.

For the curious, below is the full build information that I documented years ago when I purchased this XJ. Some features stumped my lifelong Jeep dealer, so this is an uncommon fleet vehicle.
ADA:Light GroupADHP:Heavy Duty Electrical GroupADL:Skid Plate GroupAHBP:police GroupAPAS:Monotone PaintARWP:Sport Decor Group

BARP:90 amp alternatorBCDP:500 Amp Maintenance Free BatteryBGKP:4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes

CADP:High Back Bucket SeatsCBXP:Carpet/Vinyl Door Trim PanelCDBP:Reclining Front SeatsCFMS:Rear Folding SeatCGTS:Driver Airbag OnlyCKGP:HD Vinyl FLoor CoveringCKKP:Deluxe Cargo Compartment Floor MatCKTP:Cargo Tie Down LoopsCKXS:plastic Liftgate Trim PanelCSAP:Spare tire coverCSRS:passenger Assist HandlesCUMS:Mini Floor Console

DGB:All 4-Speed Automatic TransmissionDGSS:4-Speed Automatic AW4 TransmissionDHAS:Lock-up Torque ConverterDHPP:Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD SystemDHSS:Floor Mount Automatic Shift LeverDJHS:Dana M30/181MM Front AxleDMDS:3.55 axle ratioDRMP:Dana 35C/194MM Rear AxleDSAP:Limited Slip Differential

EAAC:All EnginesERH:4.0L Power Tech I-6 Engine

GBBS:Tinted Windshield GlassGCBS:Front Door Tinted GlassGEDS:Tinted Rr Drs/Qtr/Liftgate GlassGEHS:Fixed Door Vent GlassGFA:Rear Window DefrosterGRZP:Left Remote Control MirrorGSZP:Right Remote Control MirrorGTZP:Manual Remote MirrorsGVAC:All Vehicles Without Power Mirrors

HAA:Air ConditioningHGDP:Deluxe Insulation Group

JAVP:Analog cluster - rallye w/o tachJBFS:Instrument Cluster Black BezelJCBP:Speedo - 120/125 primaryJHAS:Variable Intermittent Windshield WipersJHB:Rear Window Wiper/WasherJJAS:Cigar LighterJJBS:Dual Note Electric HornsJLWP:Electronic Noise Suppression

LAJS:Warning Buzzer - Headlamp OnLBBP:Courtesy Lamps (below panel)LBCS:Glove box LampLBDP:Ash tray LampLBEP:Cigar LighterLCDP:Map/dome Reading LampLDAP:Underhood LampLDBP:Cargo Compartment LampLHDP:Headlamp Off Time DelayLMAS:Halogen HeadlampsLPSS:High center stop lamp

MB1S:Black Front bumperMB5S:Black Rear BumperMDAP:Front License Plate BracketMFFS:Black GrilleMHAS:Black Windshield MoldingsMMCS:Upper Door Frame MoldingsMMGS:Belt MoldingsMMKS:Body Color Drip Trough MoldingMNAS:Black Door HandlesMUKS:Silver/Chrome Badging

NAAS:Federal EmissionNBKS:EVAP Control SystemNFAS:20 Gallon Fuel TankNHBP:Auxillary Transmission Oil CoolerNMCP:Heavy Duty Engine Cooling

PW7:Bright White Clear Coat

QW7S:Bright White Clear Coat

RAAC:All Radio Equipped VehiclesRABS:Radio - AM/FM w/o cassetteRCBS:Speaker sys - two stereoRDDS:Fixed Long Mast Antenna

SBAS:power Rack & Pinion SteeringSCDS:Luxury Steering WheelSDBP:Heavy Duty SuspensionSHAS:Front Sway BarSHCS:Front & Rear Sway BarsSUAP:Tilt steering column

TBBP:Full Size Spare TireTBLS:Inside Mounted Spare TireTRCP:p225/70HR15 BSW AS Perf TiresSUAP:Goodyear Brand Tires

WJDS:15"x7.0" Styled Steel WheelsWKDP:15"x7.0" Spare WheelWLYC:All Steel Wheels

XEA:Tow hooks & devicesXEEP:Fuel Tank Skid Plate ShieldXEFP:Transfer Case Skid Plate ShieldXEUP:Front Suspension Skid Plate

YAAS:Build to US Market SpecificationsYGAA:Without Billable Fuel

ZGHP:Spring - Left FrontZGTP:Spring - Left RearZVHP:Spring - Right FrontZVTP:Spring - Right RearZ5BS:payload Rating - 1800#​

Everything looks like a standard gov. stripped model. Power nothing. Crappy gauges. Lots of mirror options.

Says "Heavy duty electrical" but still has the 90a alternator. Wonder what is heavy duty.

I didn't know Jeeps could have "power rack and pinion".

The only things I would bring peoples attention to is all the skids, the ABS, and the limited slip. All the rest is standard.

Back