• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL settling question

offroadordnance

NAXJA Forum User
This weekend I put on a set of Rusty's short AAL's Ive had laying around to compensate for the rear squatting an inch lower than the front and tire rub. Afterwards, the rear is now more than 2 inches higher than the front and looks ridiculous. I already have extended shackles that I can swap back to stock to get it down an inch. But before i do, does anyone know if the AAL will settle, how much will it settle, and when? Otherwise, I'm giving it a week before I swap shackles back to original.

Live with it for now, They will be sagging again soon AAL= Band Aid . The only way to fix saggy springs is to replace the entire leaf pack.

It seems that a major problem with the short AAL's is spring wrap? The directions I got were to discard the leaf clamp taken off during the leaf insertion and rely on the u-bolts to keep all the leaves in alignment. Probably that clamp helped prevent wrap so I'm making the type of clamps prevent fanning and make the front half of the spring act more like a control arm. Since the drag racers use these clamps as a traction aide, I'm convinced they would help reduce wrap/prevent breakage. I've not experienced any perceivable increased stiffness with the AAL's and flex isnt an issue where I wheel. Should be interesting if the clamps make the ride harsher.

Back