• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buying used tires

GoBlue

NAXJA Forum User
Found 4 used 31x1050 15 General Grabber AT2 (less than 5000 miles), and 1 new for $550. Good deal? What should I be looking out for?

Thats not a good deal on used tires. Keep looking. YMMV, but I buy almost all my tires used, just have to check CL every day. Last tires I bought for my suburban were 90% tread bfg 265/75r16s on 8 lug steel rims for $150. Don't be in a rush and the good deals will come along.

I don't know if this helps but I was just in the same situation. I was looking for bigger though but found a pretty good deal on some 37x17 iroks 1 new and 4 at 95% for 1000.

I agree with Vanimal, my GF bought a set of brand new 31s from Discount tire for around 600 out the door, and I like the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS a lot better than General Grabbers. Hers also have a 50k mile warranty.

She just used one of her old tires for her spare, but you can score a single tire that's in decent shape for around $50.

Back