• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Questions

Spearfisher XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at cleaning up my engine bay/inside of vehicle, and was wondering where I could get some Wiring loom for a decent price. Most of the places online want an arm and a leg.

Also, my selector switch on the AC does not work (Going from hot to cold). It stops about 3/5 of the way when switching it from hot to cold. 88 XJ 4.0

Thanks.

I take a cardboard box with me to the pick and pull and fill it up with cable sleeve. And/or buy the stuff by the yard at Home Depot or Lowes and slit it with an angle grinder. The stuff you get by the roll in Home Depot or Lowes isn't slit, but seems to hold up OK. Wet it down (water on a rag or a pump sprayer) and split your own with a thin blade on an angle grinder, it is a two man job, but goes quick. The stuff you split yourself can be a bit aggravating trying to get the wires in the split, it tends to be stiff, but other than that works fins and is cheap.

Don't know what to tell you about the A/C control, my first guess would be a radio wire or something else hanging into the mechanism. If the electrical switch is toast, you had better check the brown wire going into your ignition switch. Anything that cooks off in the heater or A/C circuits may heat up the ignition switch connector, usually the brown wire and can cause you some real grief. You can thank EcoMike for the brown wire info, he saved my bacon with that info, I caught mine just in time.

Back