• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Memorial Weekend Trip

Dellstopjeeps Wife

NAXJA Forum User
I got suckered into doing the official trip report so here it goes.
Dustin, Eric, Jeremy, Cassie, Ryan and I spent the weekend at TSF with Piston's Wild and Evergreen Crawlers. Great group of people and had lots of fun!
Friday after work Eric and I met up with Dustin in Hazel Dell before meeting Jeremy and Cassie at Gales Creek Gas Station. Well Erics CB in the truck was making him sound like a character from Charlie Brown, so he decided to swap CB antennas with the Jeep on the side of I-5...yea didn't make a difference.
IMG_3718.jpg

18edc602.jpg

We camped down below the main group.
IMG_3721.jpg

They get up early and leave on time. 9am we got in line and rolled out.
Started at OUR trail=Saddle Up
Dustin was up first
IMG_3752.jpg

Then Jeremy
IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3793.jpg

The view from the top is beautiful
IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

The Syncros
IMG_3811.jpg

More to come so bear with me :)

Airplane Hill Lower Filter Continued
IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

Dustin
IMG_4027.jpg

The Truck that Came out of the Airplane Hill-not sure if they actually attempted airplane hill or not.
IMG_4053.jpg

Ryan
IMG_4055.jpg

Hogsback
Eric-Thanks Jeremy for taking the picture
IMG_4060.jpg

Dustin
IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

Hogsback
IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

They are so cool
IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

Backside of Hogsback-The Point Game=minus points for backing up and hitting/rubbing a tree. Eric lost by one tree hit.
IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

Rocky Uphill-we went down and then came back up.
IMG_4115.jpg

Eric was um...testing out being a photographer...
IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

Waterfall some more..
Crazy guy who just slams on the gas
IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

After some of the group went through Rock Garden, there was some damage so a majority of the group went back to camp and the others went back
IMG_4499.jpg

The V-Notch going up
Dustin
IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

After that we took the roads back down to camp...

Came back to camp to find....
a9e8dac1.jpg

Guessing a cougar or bear.
(forgot to say that Ryan came up Saturday morning to tag along with Dustin)
Since we were so proactive about getting packed up, all we had to do was pretty much load 2 trailers and we were set to leave-we said our goodbyes and thanks. We headed off together to grab some dinner at
d9d0e933.jpg

Dustin, Eric and Ryan got beers...Dustins was a little small.
6ea4cb66.jpg

Fun weekend...cant wait till noobfest!!
fecb44c3.jpg

Nicely done, Alyssa.

I had a great time this weekend. The inaugural TSF trip for the Nail Salon went well. I started out Saturday still having the "new rig" feelings, but by Sunday I was flogging it like Jeepforceone again.

Here's a few pics I took.
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Eric on "his" trail.
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Jeremy on the Airplane Hill filter.
IMG_0026.jpg

Eric.
IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Eric walking his purse dog.
IMG_0041.jpg

Hogsback was entertaining watching the Syncro's.
IMG_0046.jpg

Backside of Hogsback was a party. Nighfoam kicked on some Michael Jackson and all the sudden I was in the zone. 0 back ups for the Nail Salon! I'm thinking time trials on the next run, and penalties for each reverse used. :cool:

Alyssa on Rocky Uphill.
IMG_0051.jpg

Right side on the lower portion is getting pretty dug out.
IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Eric went in Eric-style on the Waterfall filter.
IMG_0063.jpg

It was great to be behind the wheel again on Waterfall. Surprisingly the line came right back to me. Then again I had a little MJ in my favor.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Continued on down Archers.
IMG_0112.jpg

Ran the v-notch up.
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

By then end of the day we were all ready to head back.
IMG_0128.jpg

Thanks to Nightfoam for being my codawg for the weekend, as well as my 90's era DJ, Meteorologist, Navigator, Photographer, Videographer, Litter Control Technician, and Spotlight Operator.
IMG_0136.jpg

Guess it's my turn?

When you don't have a job, holiday weekends don't jump out at you so when Torx hit me up Tuesday, I didn't have any plans for the weekend. I did have plans Friday night so I rolled up to TSF Saturday morning to find Team NAXJA banished from Joint Base Pistons Crawlers to a spur road that was mostly used for trailer parking.

After the drivers meeting, we lined up and hit the trail. Since the Pistons were showing the Crawlers around TSF, we made a beeline straight for Crushers. Nobody was interested in running it on Saturday though so we made the quick trip around to Saddle Up for the first real trail for the Nail Salon.

After the XJ crew ran the trail, the Pistons and Crawlers came up. Pretty awesome watching those Syncros crawl up the hill. (video to come)

douglassaddleup.jpg

syncrosaddleup.jpg

Then it was off to Airplane Hill. Jeremy made the filter look easy then Eric made it look hard, though the threat of a winch got him through. After the rest did it the easy way it was the Nail Salon's turn.

jeremyairplanehillfilter.jpg

jeremyoops.jpg

ericairplanehillfilter.jpg

willysairplanehill.jpg

torxhandinair.jpg

torxairplanehill.jpg

The hillclimb wasn't happening for anybody in our group today so the next logjam was the upper filter, were Torx broke the Nail Salon's damage cherry but fortunately not the door handle (though he tried)

torxdoor.jpg

After lunch, it was off to Hogsback and Rocky (downhill and) Uphill

IMG_2846.jpg

yellowsammyhogsback.jpg

redsammyhogsback.jpg

syncrohogsback.jpg

greentjhogsback.jpg

douglasrockydownhill.jpg

grouprockyuphill.jpg

greentjrockyuphill.jpg

redsammyrockyuphill.jpg

yellwosammyrockyuphill.jpg

silversammyrockyuphill.jpg

alyssarockyuphill.jpg

We then headed back up to the top and took the bypass around to the bottom before heading back to camp for a little snipe hunt

jeremyrockuphillbypasswashout.jpg

snipehunt.jpg

Sunday we checked out Canopener then ran Waterfall & the rest of Archers.

bottomofcanopener.jpg

silversammyrockgarden.jpg

daihatsu.jpg

LP1.jpg

lp2.jpg

jp3.jpg

canmanarchersv.jpg

And of course, our visitor in camp.

garbage.jpg

THanks for having us, Torx.

Its awesome to see 3 reports with plenty of photos from the same trip! Looking forward to the Synchros video. I've never seen those before.

Thats a great bunch of pics! Looks like you guys had fun! I saw alot of you coming down the mountain Monday as I was heading up.... I had to take a double take when I saw the VW's coming down... I thought to myself "There's no way that guy was on the trails".... I'm pleasantly surprised to see how well he did, thats awesome!

Back