• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Think I can fit 35's

89xj 2781

NAXJA Forum User
I have 32's right now and about 5.5 in of lift. Just curious if you think I can. Thank you.
425771a9-d7a3-12d3.jpg

Agreed, fit, yes... But you have to ask yourself if your rig is ready for 35s? What gear ratio, are you ready to replace more axles or have you already upgraded to big joints with tacked caps or even chromos? Are you locked front and rear? What axle do you have in the rear? As stated above you will need to bump stop accordingly.

I have 32's right now and about 5.5 in of lift. Just curious if you think I can. Thank you.
425771a9-d7a3-12d3.jpg

I love the look of over lifted Cherokees. But anyway yes they will fit but if you don't have at least 4.56's your going to be miserable with out the power of an H.O motor. I have a 99 with about the same lift and ran 33's on it for a short time and it sucked. I went back to 31's

I'm not ready for it yet. Stock axles and everything. I do have the HO swap and super low miles. It runs great, just wondering if the lift is enough to get bigger tires when I'm ready.

35s on an RE 3.5" which measures out a bit more and trimmed fenders. Does this help?

I have a Rubi front D44 with locker and 4.88s, and the rear open 8.25 with 4.88s. I ran the 35s on stock gears for a week before I regeared and it SUCKED! So badly that I noticed I needed to replace my motor mounts with BDs because trying to climb something my fan hit the radiator.

i3wnZ.jpg

I like the look of yours. Not much lift and big tires. I think I'm going to run 33's till I regear and upgrade the rear end. Thank you for the input guys. I appreciate it.

If you still have the turdyfive I'd change that out before you even step up to 33's. But on another note you would have the non C-clip axle and could carry a spare very easy swap when it does brake. AwesomeXJ I believe is still using his turdyfive locked on 33's with success. I think he's broke everything but it on his rig. I think he keeps it just to rub us nay sayers faces in it.

Dave

Already been said, but BUMPSTOPS and trimming is key for LCOG/low lift and large tires. Gears are a definite as well, especially if driven on road. I only have my 4.5 RC coils because I was helping a friend out and swapped coils, but with my current build I do not want to go larger than 31's. I like the fact that I can flex enough and not distort my fenders anymore than they have been. I DD my heep currently, so the added expense of larger tires and fuel makes no sense. I mostly run the dunes/sand so higher is not really beneficial. If I was armored up I cold run the Rubicon, but I know that I am at my heep's limits for that.

Easily. THat said drop it an inch and do 33s a rear axle and some gears. 35s are not really worth it.

Back