• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remounting Rear Shock Mounts

Uhrinator

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so there is a long story here, but to make it short, we are mounting new shock tabs on to the rear axle because it came from a SUA MJ. So the question is, would you mount it in the stock XJ location or move them so that they are not in the way of rocks or other obstacles. Thanks in advanced. Oh and hope I'm not !!!1 here, I did try and search for information, but couldn't find anything.

IMG_1500.jpg

you can relocate the mounts. i made these out of some 5/8" bolts and some square tubing to space it away from the axle as much as stock.

just remember you will likely need shorter shocks and/or extend your bumpstops.

i think it would depend more on shock length. if your lift and shock length will allow for it, i'd do it.

I would definitely go with raised shock mounts. What I did was cut off stock mounts. Then cut down till they were flush with the axle tube. Then had them welded on. There are aftermarket ones you can buy, or you can make your own.

Back