• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LA DEE FLATS CLEAN UP. 6-23-12

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
QUOTED FROM THAT GUY AT THOSE GUYS OFF-ROAD.

"Come one, come all! Fresh off the success of the May clean up it's time to schedule the next one. Once again Those Guys Off Road is proud to be hosting another clean up work party in the La Dee Flat's area of the MT Hood National Forest. We will once again be teaming with other OHV users, the USFS and dump stoppers to help clean the forest.

We will be meeting once again at the bottom of the 4610 road right off HWY 224. From here we will have a brief chat about the days activities and then head up the mountain to "do work!".

Trash bags will be provided, but to make your day more enjoyable, I recommend the following.

- Gloves (very important)
- Picker Upper Thingy (nice to have, saves the back from a long day of bending over)
- Shovel (makes short work of large piles)
- Metal Rake (plastic ones usually don't last very long)
- Bug Spray (optional but keeps the no-seeums away from ya)
- Appropriate clothing. (We can and most likely will encounter some poison ivy during the day, I don't recommend shorts for this reason. In addition it's still spring in the NW dress accordingly).
- Camera - take lots of pictures! Share them here and on our Facebook, show the good work we do and take pride in it!
- GPS - Helpful if we run into a large scale dump site that we will report to authorities. We can capture the coordinates and then forward on to them. Not required, but nice to have.
- Cell Phone - surprisingly the coverage in La Dee is pretty good. Again optional, but nice to have if out of CB range.
- CB Radio - Optional but helpful in coordinating needs and findings.
Purell / hand sanitizer - even with gloves the stuff can be nasty and wet and well... just plain nasty. You'll want to wash your hands before we eat.
- Water / beverages - We will provide some soda's and water for lunch, but bring something to keep yourself hydrated during the day as well.

The most important thing to bring is a good attitude, and a bit of patience. Picking up trash is never what one sets out to do with their day, but with the right people and right attitudes it can turn out to be a pretty damn fun day. Some of the best times I have had in the woods have happened in this very section of woods while picking up trash and bs'ing with my friends. So come on out, bring your friends, bring your family, bring your friends family. We will have this event rain or shine, and hope to see you out there helping us support the forest."

Maybe if I wasn't leaving for Alaska that day. Also that's the weekend of NWF

Right so not everyone will make it to this one. but the info is out there for anyone not going to nwf.

It would be great to have anyone who wanted to help come out and land a hand.

I think I will be at the clean up, never been up there before. I always try to make all the Yacolt Burn work parties.

Ask and ye shall receive. here are directions from I205 South.
aptoladeefroI205South.jpg

There should. Be about 10 to 15 folks out there. This happens every month this month its the same weekend as the big trail building tour. So many people will be at the your instead.

Back