• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44 steering change issue

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
In the middle of swapping out the ford knuckles for Chevy. The ford set-up was running 3/4rod ends with the knuckles drilled for a 3/4" bolt. New knuckles I want to stick with the same tierod but the knuckle has a bigger hole that's tapered. I've found inserts to taper a drilled out hole but can someone point me in the right direction for the opposite.

Thanks

are your new knuckles flat top? if not, i dont understand the swap... but on to the issue...

is your tie rod knuckle to knuckle? you could always eliminate any misalignment spacer and use a bigger bolt if you are currently using spacers.

other than that... the only real option is to drill out the hole, and sleeve it with something with an inner diameter of what you want. be careful about drilling too large and making the arms really thin.

Yes they are flat top. The rod ends are 3/4" with no misalignment spacers. I was looking at the option of drilling oversized and sleeving but was hoping for a different option. Thanks for the help

The plan is to use the tie rod I made for the ford setup over the knuckle. Then my draglink runs to the hi steer arm.(crossover steering) I'm trying to use what I have so I don't sink any more money in the front end. This way the money goes twards other parts of thE heep

Back