• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washington Back Country Discovery Route.

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
WABDR

Anybody done it? I'm toying with the idea of running section one on the way to NWFest.
Looking at the maps it looks like it goes above 4,000 feet in several place, probably higher even. I'm guess I'd probably run into snow.

I SO want to do something like that. I'm probably a couple of years away from being able to, but it would be awesome!

I'd never heard of the WABDR. I'd looked at the Oregon one and it looked pretty cool. I heard somewhere they got sued because they never went through a SEPA review and the had to go take down all the signs and stuff, but the information is still out there.

Thanks for sharing.

I'd really like to do it this summer, but not on the way to NWFest.

Of course not. I have no qualms about doing it solo. I just don't want to spend a bunch of time doing u-turns because of snow.

I have wanted to do this for about 5 years. I have maps all planned out and set up for a trip from Carson, WA to the Canadian border. A group of buddy’s was going to do it a couple years ago but it fell apart when some of us could not get the time off. We had it planned to 5 to 7 days. You’re more than welcome to come over and check them out. It would be a blast to do some time. My maps followed a route from another guy PNW Adventures
http://www.pnwadventures.com/adventures/washington-cascades-overland-expedition-2007/
You might want to check it out. He does a lot of this stuff and has great write ups. Let me know if you want to look through my maps.

I would be up for checking out a section or two later in the year. I think it would be kind of miserable mid summer following a group of rigs in the dust all day (think NWF). I think early/mid fall would be kind of neat. Cooler temps, maybe a little rain to kill the dust, autumn colors.

My Dad keeps bugging me when we're going to do this. Nightfoam already knows, but he did it on a motorcycle two years ago over the course of a week. Scenery looks amazing.
IMG_0068-1.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

I've been contemplating selling my ATV's and buying a VFR800 I would be buying it just for road trips like this.

Back