• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Wireless Lights

Airsailor

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running the Warn Wireless Lights? Got a set of fogs for the front and driving for the roof rack, was wondering how you had yours wired in.

Yup, thats exactly what I'm asking. Couldnt find where the "AA" batteries go, so figured I'd wire them in. I'm kind of innovative like that.

:wow:

Sooo, they're wireless, but still need wiring... & they're powered by AA batteries?? what 8 of them???

You cant find where the batteries go, so you're wiring them... like regular fogs... I'd say postive/black wire to a relay, ground/neutral/white to bare metal near the light

Somebody help me understand how these lights function & how well... You only have a remote to turn them on/off? what if it breaks or you loose it, say you drop it in a puddle or river, that is normally encountered in off road scenarios...

sounds like all it is is a conventional light, but instead of running the wires to the cab for switches, you just hook up the lights with 12v and use the wireless remote mounted somewhere to turn them on/off. I'm assuming the switching is built into the light housing? sounds nice that you don't have to run wires into the cab, but i wonder how long until the wireless transmitter goes bad and stops working

pretty sure you could always wire it conventionally if they crap out. but i think i'd just spend the extra hour to wire a cheaper light the regular way. it seems like a solution looking for a problem.

I bought a wireless "Logisys" brand relay with 2 FOBs off Ebay for $20 when I installed my lights. I keep one FOB hanging off the rearview and the other on my keychain. I can turn on or off the lights any time inside or outside of the vehicle within 100 feet. I also use it as a location device at night in parking lots. At 15amps rating you can run a pair of 55watt lights safely with this setup.

If you run high watt incandescents you can use the wireless relay to actuate a conventional 25amp or higher relay. If you run LED lights that demand much less amperage, the extra relay is not need. I run a pair of 18" LED units and draw less than 10 amps

No batteries, that was my attempt at sarcasm. You just dont need wires running to the cab or a switch, fuses etc. They run off a wireless relay. Its a little "keyless entry" type switch. You can mount anywhere. You can also wire them conventionally if you wanted. Guessin nobodies running these yet

Yeah, the issue is this type of setup is more geared toward someone with a new JK and limited wrenching experience. You have a Renix, so developing electrical skills will be neccesary at some point.

Good luck

I think the term "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" fits in here pretty well. What's the point of these over a set of traditional lights? I'm willing to bet they're more expensive than a normal set of lights, and if there was a problem you can't just follow all of the wires.. I think they're more trouble than they're worth.

Just my .02 :thumbup:

Meh, I think they sound pretty neat. It's just a light with a remote. I think y'all might be overcomplicating things here...

Simple version:

Red/white/yellow = positive

Black = negative

For other colors consult instructions. Do you want them always hot, or only with key-on. Do you want to include a provision for bypassing the wireless module, etc.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Wireless winches, wireless internet, cordless phones....same concept, they are nice warn lights without all the wires. And troubleshooting would be easier. Its less to diagnose. I love them...was only wondering if anyone had some cool ways to wire them. Ive since mounted and wired as per the instructions....work great...kinda cool having the remote.

Back