• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Go Fast Go anywhere build

supertubesocks

NAXJA Forum User
'91 auto xj with 100k chasis miles. The plan is to build it for go fast in the desert and anything short of hardcore wheeling. Hopefully 12"s of travel front and rear.

The engine was tired of being alive.
IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0614.jpg

IMAG0607.jpg

Rough country drop brackets, lower arms. ready for frame stiffeners. Deavers
IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0608.jpg

Slight modification to the panhard bar
IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

Suspension bling!
IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

That uniball is standing way too tall off the bracket, the stock bracket flexes more than a fat lady's spanddex and the force on it is huge. You are most likely going to need to have a bar that is adjustable to keep the front end centered under the rig as well. Other than that I like where this is going :D

I have a spare crank that isn't scored up like yours if you need a replacement.

Last edited:
That uniball is standing way too tall off the bracket, the stock bracket flexes more than a fat lady's spanddex and the force on it is huge. You are most likely going to need to have a bar that is adjustable to keep the front end centered under the rig as well. Other than that I like where this is going :D

I have a spare crank that isn't scored up like yours if you need a replacement.

I thought it would be beefy enough, oh well, I'll just plate it up a bit.
The bar is just tacked so I can set the adjust after I cycle everything.

Thanks but the block didn't survive so I found a rebuildable short block.

Saturday update

IMAG0623.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

hannamens 6" bulge
Stockers are for sale.
IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0618.jpg

IMAG0624.jpg

I left my good extension cord at home, so no welding got done, but that will change tomorrow.

Then this little guy is getting a face lift.
IMAG0617.jpg

Does anybody know the tread size and pitch for the tie rod end that bolts to the pitman arm.
I'm also looking for a 2" drop pitman arm.

a word of advice, get rid of that disconnect axle housing and get a later non-disco HP30. There is no aftermarket support for that front axle, you can convert it to a one piece passenger side shaft but it still becomes a pain in the ass if you plan to truss it. Save yourself the headache and swap it out now while it's out.

a word of advice, get rid of that disconnect axle housing and get a later non-disco HP30. There is no aftermarket support for that front axle, you can convert it to a one piece passenger side shaft but it still becomes a pain in the ass if you plan to truss it. Save yourself the headache and swap it out now while it's out.

Thanks for the advice but i am just going to take the time to truss this one up before i put it back in. It won't be pretty.

I got the front stiffeners welded in today.

i like the look of those stiffeners! builds got promise! keeping tuned in!

i actually almost missed it myself. kinda blends in with the background if you just glance at it. like the truss btw

Back