• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driving down the road and this peice randomly breaks off.

995speed

NAXJA Forum User
536781_10150935264484002_634484001_11484380_1743830591_n.jpg

it looks like a bar behind the track bar it completely snapped of the left coil spring perch. i wasnt doing anything out of the ordinary just driving back home from the grocery store doing about 40 mph bout 5 seconds from my street here a clang said okay nursed it back home and now its sitting in my garage with it hanging down from one side. does anyone know what this is how important it is and how much is it gonna cost me to get fixed?

You need a new TRE and that Looks like another rusty's trackbar?... if so get a new trackbar and scrap that!

do u think i will have to get the whole spring perch replaced or can they just weld a new mount on for it how much am i looking at for all this... ballpark estimate

That looks like the driver side, which would not have trackbar mount. I think it is coincidence that the piece of the coil bucket is broke, unless it really was that rused and broke off when the bar came down and hit it. The mount itself looks alright I guess, But definitely get a new trackbar. May be selling my RE1600 soon.

Looks like the drivers side spring perch is broken. You can likely find someone local to weld it up and reinforce it for you... Or you can learn to weld :)

You will need to remove that spring to do a good job of getting the mount back in place and doing a good job.

There is a piece that bothers me, just in front of the diff cover. Looks like the end of a track bar. Went to your Facebook site, and it looks lifted... So I'm guessing, as others have also, that your Track Bar is also broken.

Coincidence?

I think not. I suspect that before this "Random breakage" you beat the crap out of it :D (Hmmm, is that grass I see on the end of the track bar :D :D)

Looks to me like yet another rustys snapped frame side track bar TRE, and a torn off swaybar link mount.

okay so once i calmed down some and accessed the situation fully i realized that it doesn't bolt up over there. and clean4drXJ is in fact right it is my rusty's track bar with a busted tie rod end. so looks like i will be purchasing another one. it was just a matter of me cooling off and looking at everything completely. I have done some research about the rusty's track bar and have come up with alot of fourm posts saying they are bad quality is there anyway i can use another brands track bar? or can they not be mixed and matched. I do plan on getting it fixed ASAP and it looks like something i can bolt in by myself without a problem just a quick question though the off-road shop that i use for my parts and etc is about a 15 minute drive away i have two road choices of getting there either back roads or the freeway i have heard driving without a track bar is extremely unsafe but if i were to drive really slowly on the back roads would it be okay or should i just borrow my parents car to go pick up the part?

okay so once i calmed down some and accessed the situation fully i realized that it doesn't bolt up over there. and clean4drXJ is in fact right it is my rusty's track bar with a busted tie rod end. so looks like i will be purchasing another one. it was just a matter of me cooling off and looking at everything completely. I have done some research about the rusty's track bar and have come up with alot of fourm posts saying they are bad quality is there anyway i can use another brands track bar? or can they not be mixed and matched. I do plan on getting it fixed ASAP and it looks like something i can bolt in by myself without a problem just a quick question though the off-road shop that i use for my parts and etc is about a 15 minute drive away i have two road choices of getting there either back roads or the freeway i have heard driving without a track bar is extremely unsafe but if i were to drive really slowly on the back roads would it be okay or should i just borrow my parents car to go pick up the part?

DON'T DRIVE IT! Take the pieces off you ned to replace and borrow a car, hitch a ride, or walk! The front axle will have a hard time staying under your jeep without it.

Buy new track bar, remove 2 bolts, take old track bar off, install new track bar and drive ? There's nothing else that needs fixed honestly. That spring perch isn't going anywhere fast and should be fine the way it is. The sway bar mount is still there on the other side in the shadow.

Do NOT drive it like it is !

DON'T DRIVE IT! Take the pieces off you ned to replace and borrow a car, hitch a ride, or walk! The front axle will have a hard time staying under your jeep without it.

do u think i could get away with replacing justthe TRE cause i just went onto rusty's website and i dont have 129 dollars right now......

truth be told, I'd replace it with a stock track bar before I'd put another failure-prone bar/TRE on there.

I really believed that the "Rusty's will fail" crowd was just spewing internet rumor, but unless you've done something seriously stressful to it recently, I'd be worried about "random breakage" again in the future.

truth be told, I'd replace it with a stock track bar before I'd put another failure-prone bar/TRE on there.

I really believed that the "Rusty's will fail" crowd was just spewing internet rumor, but unless you've done something seriously stressful to it recently, I'd be worried about "random breakage" again in the future.

nah just city driving man

do u think i could get away with replacing justthe TRE cause i just went onto rusty's website and i dont have 129 dollars right now......

How big is the lift? If you're still around 3" or so, then find a stock trackbar from the junk yard. It won't be ideal, but it'll survive until you can buy a good one. I ran the stock trackbar and steering up to 3" and stock trackbar with ZJ tie rod at 4.5" before I finally bought full iron Rock steering.

Please just take everyones advice and replace it all. I had a "rusty's" track bar and it broke on me multiple times as a tried to save some bucks, but honestly don't go out drinking for 2-4 weeks and you can buy a nice trackbar

so i managed to sell my old aluminum wheels and got enough cash to get a track bar i picked up a new track bar today its a rough country i took the old one out completely but the new bracket it and i for the life of me cannot get the body centered over the axle tried jumping on it turning the wheel etc im not that heavy of a person so jumping on it really didnt do anything so any tips on getting this thing centered so i can go back to driving my truck?

Back