• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May 20th In hesperia - wrench party

91blackbox

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well the 20th is my birthday and i'm not gonna be working so I figured i would offer the drive way and tools up for a wrench party..

any interest??

either way i'll be doing my rear main!!

good luck, be prepared to get greasy. some tips to keep in mind before hand:

1.) use a small punch to drive the block side part of the old RMS out, wrap it in electrical or duct tape to keep it from scoring the crank if you happen to drift off the mark.

2.) the torque spec for the rear main cap is 80 ft lbs.

3.) do yourself a favor and get ahold of one of the scotchbrite type discs that goes onto a drill to get the OEM paper gasket off, it will save you hours of cursing and scraping.
http://www.amazon.com/3M-07453-Scotch-Brite-Discs-Coarse-Brown/dp/B000FW61GK
you'll need to order the pad holder that goes into the drill to use those ones but once you have them you'll find all kinds of uses for em, it's a good tool to have.

4.) when you put it back together use RTV to hold the gasket to the block, not the pan. it's a real pain in the ass to get the gasket to line up with the groove in the rear main cap if you stick it to the pan.

Thanks for the tips.. i did it about a year or so ago but since then blew some mounts and started leaking again... ignored and now its a flood when she runs..

its not to hard of a fix just time consuming

Anyone wanna help swap gas tanks and install a tank skid and Olympic cargo rack? I've been putting it off because I really don't want to drop the tank alone at home...:D

I wouldn't be able to head til afternoon though, gots chuch in the morning.

Too bad we dont all live in a jeeper colony :gee: then we could help each other with all the projects wheel all the time but that would be to easy :doh:

the ground would be so contaminated from all the fluid leaks that they would have to quarentine it like chernobyl.

my address for those thinking of coming

16575 ash st
hesperia ca 92345

even if no one shows i'll be working on my junk lol

if u do come please bring yourself some refreshments. I have a garage fridge but am broke as hell and can't support everyone lol

Darky, its a lot easier if you pull the hose to the filter and put it in a jerrycan.
Then jumper the fuel pump relay, and let the tank empty itself

If I can get out of work I'm down. One more with a leaky rms.

Back