• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj tie rod ?

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
I went to the jy and grabbed a zj v8 tie rod. Would anyone mind posting a pic of it installed. I put mine on and I just wanted to make sure it isn't backwards. I have an otk insert and it didn't want to fit the other way I had it. It kept hitting the sway bar mount. I don't think you can do that because it only wanted to go on one way. Do the adjusters go on the knuckle side or the draglink side? The way I have it doesn't look right but it clears everything and the bends look to be the right way. Thanks

Last edited:
That means mine is backwards then. It doesn't seem like it wants to fit that way with the OTK insert. I know lots of guys run them. Is there any reason I'm having a problem? I haven't heard of having to relocate the sway bar mounts from others. I'll try to change it.

I've been wanting to replace an old rustys steering with the zj one and also have the OTK business. Was figuring I'd have to straighten one of the bends on the tie rod since it would be flipped around and upside down.

ran this set up at one point, adjuster sleeve on the passenger side.

scan1023.jpg

I have heard of all kinds of guys running the zj OTK setup on their jeeps. That's where i got the idea originally. I'm hoping one of them will chime in here.

Ok that's exactly what I did. I'm sure it doesn't really make a difference what way the tie rod goes I just like things to be right.

Back