• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turning the wheel

dckerns

NAXJA Forum User
ive put over the knuckle sterring on my jeep.the problem im having ,is i can go to the left like i want ,but i can barly go to the right with the wheels cut hard as it will go.whats the best way to get both wheels to turn the same,and lined up.?

first post? welcome.

is something contacting?

your first and cheapest solution should be to get someone in the car and have them turn the wheel, while you lay under it and try to identify the specific problem. "my wheel wont turn! :(" is a pretty vague problem to have.

i guess the best way to desribe it is the pit arm and everything is turning,incluging the sterring wheel ,it just dont cut or turn as far as turning to the left,about a third as much to the right.

did the steering wheel make a revolution when the steering links werent connected? the steering gearbox can only make so many revolutions before it stops, so if it was one revolution off when you bolted everything on, it will only turn so far in one direction, but all the way to the steering stops in the other direction

the pit arm was put back in orgnial position,stering wheel was same as orginal,the only thing that was changed was the arms,thought the hyms could adjust it out.the tie rod and pitman surly all three could adjust enough to get me turning.

We all assume he knows what he's doing and aligned it afterwards, right? ;)

Since he changed the steering setup, the most logical reason why he can't turn as far one way as the other is that either the pitman arm has been replaced in a different orientation and it is not pointed rearward when the steering is centered, or that the draglink needs adjustment.

Back